Still pondering a few events, but I recently realized I’m just 6 weeks away from the first race of the season so figured I’d write some things down.
- April 30: Open Range Gravel in Pratt, KS — Gravel Bike
I did this one last year and had a lot of fun. Looking forward to doing the course this year without getting lost 🙂
- May 28: Ironhorse Classic in Durango, CO — Road Bike
I have been hearing about this one for quite a few years. Excited to finally tackle it. Looks like a lot of climbing.
- June 4: Colorado Tri in Boulder, CO — Aquabike (Olympic distance)
I like the Boulder swim and bike, so why not skip the run? This is kind of a shakedown run for the next race…
- June 26: Ironman 70.3 in Couer d’Alene, ID — 70.3 distance triathlon
This was going to be my first 70.3 back in 2020, but that just didn’t work out. So now it will be my second! Really looking forward to getting up to that part of the country.
- July 24: FoCo Fondo in Fort Collins, CO — Gravel Bike
Another gravel ride I did last year and really enjoyed. Looking forward to giving it another run.
- July 30: Parker Open Water Swim — swim
OK, not really a race, just a very rare chance to swim across the clean waters of the Reuter-Hess reservoir which happens to sit a mile or so from my house. 😉 Also, another repeat from last year.
That’s it so far. Have a bunch of maybes for August – October, but I need to see what works around some other family and work plans first. Hope to sort that out soon. I would definitely like to fit in a few more gravel events.